YOUR SATISFACTION IS OUR PRIORITY

MOLD REMEDIATION

WHAT IS MOLD?

Mold is a group of microscopic fungi that thrives in moist conditions and feeds on cellulose – a component of wood, plant and vegetable fibers. This means mold grows on almost anything – food, carpeting, upholstery, clothing, drywall, plasterboard, plywood substitutes, ceiling tiles and other organic materials. Mold literally "eats away" the materials it covers, and has been known to cause significant structural damage, especially in wood-framed buildings.

Mold not only destroys materials, it can seriously impact your health. As mold feeds on cellulose, it reproduces making spores -- very small, lightweight microbes that travel through the air. Although a certain level of airborne mold spores are everywhere, both indoors and outdoors, elevated levels of mold spores have been shown to pose significant health risks to the elderly, infants, people with allergies and people with compromised immune systems. But even healthy adults can become quite ill if exposed to spores over extended periods – and The National Toxicology Program has associated two mold-produced toxins (aflatoxins and ochratoxin A) with liver and kidney tumors in animals and people.

How do I know if my property has mold?

Although you may visibly identify mold growing on walls, ceilings, wood frames and other porous structures, the best way to find mold is to follow your nose – a damp, musty smell indicates a problem. Although any cellulose materials exposed to moisture for more than 48 hours will almost inevitably develop mold.

More important than finding the mold is finding the source of the moisture exposure. If the source of the problem is not resolved, then the mold will just return no matter how thorough the remediation process.

I’ve found mold – now what do I do?

Removing mold yourself is a risky and most often unsuccessful effort. Bleach will not effectively remove mold, and might even cause more harm by making it appear as if the mold is removed when it is in fact still present – and impacting the air you breathe.

If you suspect your property has mold, do not entrust your safety to amateur companies. Give yourself peace-of-mind with a state-licensed, certified professional with years of experience and a commitment to success -- Synatech.

THE PROFESSIONAL REMEDIATION PROCESS

The goal of mold remediation is to:
Remove surface micro fungi
Remove airborne mold from the air and interior surfaces
Prevent fungal recurrence
Re-establish a healthy indoor environment for occupants
Restore affected building and contents to pre-loss condition or better
Restore indoor air quality
Prevent dissemination
Synatech’s licensed, certified professionals follow a methodical process for any remediation project. Our technicians’ expertise allows them to remediate your property very quickly – usually completing service in no more than 48 hours, with minimal displacement.

This comprehensive service includes:
Assessing the property to pinpoint exact areas of damage and possible source of problem
Sealing off non-impacted areas during remediation
Removing materials damaged beyond repair (mold damaged materials must be handled carefully to prevent spore distribution)
Complete remediation of structure, surfaces and even HVAC systems when necessary
Inspecting and certifying the job upon completion and backing the work with our guarantee

Call us today for a free assessment of how we can improve your indoor air quality.

WHY BLEACH DOESN'T WORK

Bleach is Not Enough to Fight Mold.
There is a great deal of misinformation about the use of bleach to treat mold. Professional companies DO NOT use chlorine bleach [sodium hypochlorite] to treat mold or moldy areas. Bleach may discolor mold on surfaces, but it will not get to the "roots" of mold. Mold has a hypha (or root) that extends out from the body of the mold cell. This hypha can microscopically penetrate into fibers of a porous surface. Chlorine does not penetrate porous surfaces – so it cannot reach the hypha. Bleach may change the color of the mold on the surface, but in a few weeks, the problem might return.
Bleach does nothing to eliminate the spores in the air. Mold spores are resistant to dry, adverse environmental conditions, and therefore capable of surviving a long time.
Bleach loses strength rapidly: Bleach loses its effectiveness quickly when being used - "gassing off" before most disinfecting can be accomplished.
Bleach can hide dirt: The bleach can make some soil transparent, leading a cleaner to think he/she has actually cleaned a surface when in fact the soil remains there.

Bleach damages floor finishes, fibers, carpets and other porous materials.
Bleach corrodes hard surfaces: Metals and other surfaces can not only be corroded, but discolored.
Bleach can be dangerous: Improper use of bleach – either using too much or mixing it with certain products – such as those that contain ammonia hydrochloric acid, acetic acid and phosphoric acid – can create hazardous health conditions.
Remember:
If you must investigate for mold in your home, the EPA recommends using an N95 respirator, gloves and eye protection. Properties with severe mold devastation due to a hurricane, typhoon or other natural disaster require professional treatment to ensure complete remediation.

Contact us today for more details about the services we offer.

  • facebook
  • googlePlaces

829 Radio Rd, Little Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08087, USA

© 2016 BY SYNATECH INC.

f. 609.294.3300